Friday, December 09, 2005

Brokeback Breakdown

So, I woke up in a very good mood today since it's Eric's birthday and BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN opened in LA today. I started to feel sick during the morning so I took a nap so that I would feel better for our afternoon movie and our birthday dinner at Pace. I worked through my desires to vomit while blowdrying my hair and ordered tickets on moviefone for the 2:20 showtime. I get all the way to the last stage of ordering and it looked like it had gone through, though the page didn't load completely but since I had pressed "confirm" I thought all was fine. NOT SO MUCH. We get to the ONE theater in LA that is showing it and it's already crowded and I see that all the shows are selling out. I go up to the kiosk, put my credit card through and it says I don't have any tickets. UM, EXCUSE ME? I try again, same thing. Eric tries his card, same thing. We go to the customer service desk and she gets the same thing. Then she says there are exactly 2 seats left for the 2:20 show and we can have them. Of course when she tries to order them it comes up as SOLD OUT. I'm feeling particularly hormonal (and nauseous) today and so I kid you not, I almost cried. I was pissed at Moviefone, I was pissed at the theater, I was pissed at Focus Features for only putting it in one freaking theater in all of LA...needless to say, I think I scared my poor husband. He was very sweet and explained that we could see it tomorrow, which of course I realize, but I'm still wanting to cry. Bless his heart, he didn't tell me to relax and get over it and just deal, instead he was very considerate and loving. So now I'm back home, being denied the first chance to see a movie I've waited for a year and a half to see, waiting for my husband who is taking a VERY long time to get back from a place that is only 20 minutes away. I don't know if I'm more upset that I can't see what I know will be the best damn love story ever, or if my husband may have fled in fear for his life and I won't see him until after the baby is born and my hormones calm down.

1 comment:

Bethy said...

De?

Are you feeling better now? Sorry you had a crappy day. :O) Beth