Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Getting Ready

So I am now officially one week away from my due date and I have to say it's obvious my body is getting ready. I've had what are called Braxton Hicks contractions for the last three nights and although they aren't the "real thing" that will bring labor they do prepare your uterus for the real deal and that means we are one step closer. I'm also getting much more tired and less interested in going out and doing things. I was so exhausted today that I had to go back to bed two hours after I got up in the morning and stayed there until 1pm. At that point I got up, showered, ate some lunch, im'd with some friends and then plopped myself on the couch and pretty much stayed there the rest of the day and night. I literally had no energy to do much more than eat and read Vogue and that hasn't really happened since my first trimester. I'm hoping this was just the effect of being very busy yesterday (I had a doctor's appointment, a lunch date and I made dinner for our friends and stayed up until 11pm!) and not something that will be happening every day until labor kicks in. I really want to continue with my yoga and cardio and just get myself outside to enjoy the nice weather before I'm more confined to the house once Baby is here. In any case, I can feel that things are going on in the body and have a feeling I won't be pregnant for very much longer. It's such a strange thought to know that someday soon I won't have a bump but will actually have a human being who I'm responsible for! It's all so terrifyingly exciting.

No comments: