Tuesday, June 26, 2007

LITTLE CHILDREN


The problem with having a baby and not having a baby-sitter is that you never get to go to the movies and see films when they are actually still in theaters. Thus the reason I just saw Todd Field's masterful LITTLE CHILDREN. Eric and I were expecting a super depressing story but were pleasantly surprised to find it's actually quite witty and almost fun (though to be fair, there is some heavy stuff going on and it can be quite emotional at times). I was a huge fan of IN THE BEDROOM but I know it's not exactly a crowd pleaser, and make no mistake, this isn't really a particularly commercial film either, but it is pitch perfect from the script to the directing to the fantastic acting. My only issue is that I feel he rushed the ending a bit, but it didn't ruin the experience for me and I absolutely recommend it.

And can I just say that I LOVE Kate Winslet. Love her. How is it that she hasn't won an Oscar yet when she has made all the right acting choices and is always completely amazing? The world is an unfair place.

No comments: