Friday, January 18, 2008

SUPER-freaking-HILARIOUS!


Forget all the other movies I've seen this year, SUPERBAD is now THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Eric and I watched it this weekend and my god I've not laughed that loud and that long for years. My stupid-comedy bar is set at OLD SCHOOL and I'm pretty much always disappointed when I see a new one (I'm talking about you 40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN) but on a whim I ordered SUPERBAD from Netflix and I must say it is even funnier than the Vince Vaughn scenes in OS. It's all about Michael Cera (George Michael Bluth to you ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT fans), who at 19 is funnier than most of the more successful comedians around. His reactions are priceless and the boy can dance too!

In case you think I've totally gone cheesy hollywood I would just like to remind you that the director is Greg Mottola who started with a fantastic indie film 10 years ago called THE DAY TRIPPERS and he was a big part of my interest in SUPERBAD. He's been directing TV during the last decade but this proves he is a very good comedy director and I hope he gets more work in features.

Anywho, you should rent SUPERBAD right now and experience the funny for yourself.

That is all.

No comments: